1. Explained in simple terms: What does Smart Home really mean?
By the way: The very first approaches for a Smart Home appeared as early as the 1970s. Extensive wiring was used to create an option for centrally controlling and monitoring all devices.
The real breakthrough for the Smart Home came with the development of wireless communication using WiFi, Bluetooth and the unstoppable advances in smartphone and tablet technology. Multi-media devices and household appliances were developed to not only receive signals, but also to "respond". This progress allowed communication with other devices and with us humans.
2. How does Smart Home lighting work?
- The simplest option is smart light control via a remote. You can change colour temperature and brightness at the touch of a button. Smart RGB lamps give you control of exciting light accents in any colour of the rainbow.
- Smart light control via smartphone or tablet is nothing but the next step in technology after the remote control. These products are controlled via Bluetooth or Zigbee. Both technologies offer different numbers of functions. Simply said, Bluetooth allows light control in a single room, while you can control all devices in your home via Zigbee. Have a look at our page "Bluetooth vs. Zigbee" for more information.
- The new voice controlled digital assistants like Google Home, Alexa and Siri are the latest step in Smart Home development. Voice control is a great benefit when you are all comfortable on the couch and can dim the light or change the colour temperature without having to get up.
3. What are the advantages of smart light?
Simply combine your home security system with your smart lighting system. You will keep burglars at bay and can alert neighbours if something is wrong.